Professional Development Interest Group
The CAVAL Professional Development Interest Group fosters co-operation and collaboration between CAVAL member organisations and with CAVAL in areas of professional practice and need including: human resource management, staff development and training, workplace-based learning, organisational change and related activities.
- Fiona Russell (Deakin University)
- Chair - Marion Slawson (Federation University Australia)
- Adele Walsh (La Trobe University)
- Stacey Nash (Monash University)
- Tanya Bramley (RMIT University)
- Leanne Trembath (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Andrea Hurt (University of Melbourne)
- Adrian Gallagher (Victoria University)
- Sara Davidsson (CAVAL - secretariat support)
These competencies are built on the Core Competencies for 21st Century CARL Librarians (2010) which have been amended and adapted for the current Australian academic library and information context by members of the CAVAL Professional Development Interest Group, in consultation with other key library and information experts in their field. The aim is to outline the broad spectrum of organisational competencies that are needed in an academic research library workforce, and to identify knowledge, experience, skill and attitudinal areas where there is potential for improvement through organisational, team and individual training and professional development.
We encourage you to share this document with your colleagues and build further conversations. #CAVALcompetencies
The group also contributes to CAUL's external events list of Forthcoming Conferences & Major Events