CRIG Seminar Committee (CSC)
The CSC, a working party of the CAVAL Research and Information Group, plans, publicises and conducts CRIG's annual seminar, held in November each year.
- Romney Adams (Monash University)
- Kat Cain (Deakin University)
- Linda Forbes (Victoria University)
- Jo Gillespie (RMIT University)
- Sarah Beltrame (La Trobe University)
- Sara Davidsson (CAVAL)
The CRIG Seminar (previously known as the Information Literacy Seminar) has become a significant event in the staff development calendar for academic librarians, and has a focus on learning and teaching and research support.
It aims to promote the development of digital literacy services in these libraries by providing relevant training and opportunity for the exchange of ideas on current issues. The seminar complies with the requirements of the ALIA CPD membership program.
The Seminar Committee's activities through each year include:
• Developing topics for the seminar in consultation with CRIG, frequently drawing on suggestions and feedback received from participants at previous seminars.
• Seeking guest speakers from within CAVAL member libraries, from other areas of the library profession and the tertiary education sector, and from other relevant fields of expertise.
• Preparing the seminar program and liaising with CAVAL staff in the distribution of publicity and collection of registrations
• Coordinating the running of the seminar