Professional Development Interest Group
The CAVAL Professional Development Interest Group fosters co-operation and collaboration between CAVAL member organisations and with CAVAL in areas of professional practice and need including: human resource management, staff development and training, workplace-based learning, organisational change and related activities.
- Fiona Russell (Deakin University)
- Chair - Marion Slawson (Federation University Australia)
- Adele Walsh (La Trobe University)
- Shona Smith (Monash University)
- Tanya Bramley (RMIT University)
- Leanne Trembath (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Andrea Hurt (University of Melbourne)
- Adrian Gallagher (Victoria University)
- Sara Davidsson (CAVAL - secretariat support)
These competencies were built on the Core Competencies for 21st Century CARL Librarians (2010) which were amended and adapted for the 2017 Australian academic library and information context by members of the CAVAL Professional Development Interest Group, in consultation with other key library and information experts in their field. The aim was to outline the broad spectrum of organisational competencies which were needed in an academic research library workforce at the time, and to identify knowledge, experience, skill and attitudinal areas where there was potential for improvement through organisational, team, and individual training and professional development.
The group also contributes to CAUL's external events list of Forthcoming Conferences & Major Events